Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Deep cut!

Big hole
I now have a big hole on the underside of my big toe. I had a wart on my toe, which has been hurting for a while when I walk. 

Yesterday, Mum and Dad took me to see Dr. Mach, who started by sticking a big needle into my toe to make it go numb. When my toe felt like a lump of rubber, Dr. Mach then dug his scalpel into it and gouged out a piece, which he showed me. It was white and stringy and covered in blood, and looked pretty horrible. He then took out a soldering iron to burn out the surrounding tissue to stop it from bleeding.

You can see  from the photo that the hole is as deep as it is wide. I took the bandage off today so that I can clean the wound. It hurt quite a lot for a few days after the operation. Luckily, I got lots of sympathy from Matron when I got back to school, and I was able to skip playing rugby for several weeks. 😝😝

No comments: